Falke is a German company founded by Franz Falke-Rohen in 1895 (however, it must be noted that Falke brand was launched in 1946 / registered in 1950). Falke specialises in socks, tights, stockings. Falke socks are manufactured in Germany, Slovakia, Serbia and several other countries. The brand offers knee-high, mid-calf and invisible socks.
There are several lines of Falke socks:
- Step Invisible – invisible socks, 98% cotton + 2% elastane, silicone bands at heel areas; toes are not hand-linked. Made in Germany (there might be some exceptions).
- Family – 98% cotton + 2% elastane. Ordinary socks, not impressive. Mid-calf and over-the-calf. Solid colours (often boring ones). Toes are not hand-linked. Made in Germany or Slovakia.
- Shadow – 100% mercerised cotton (fil d’ecosse). Nice and elegant socks with shadow stripes. I would recommend over-the-calf ones; in my opinion, mid-calf Falke Shadow socks are too short. Hand-linked toes. Made in Germany.
- Fine Shadow – very similar to Shadow socks, but their stripes are more narrow. 80% cotton + 20% polyamide.
- Airport – I would call them ‘workhorses’. Virgin wool + cotton + nylon + elastane blend. Hand-linked toes. Mid-calf and over-the-calf versions are available. Solid colours.
- Tiago – 98% mercerised cotton + 2% elastane. Mid-calf and knee-high. Hand-linked toes. Solid colours – sometimes dull ones, sometimes bright and bold ones (like yellow).
- Dot – patterned socks (dotted) made of 85% mercerised cotton + 15% nylon. Available in 2 versions: mid-calf, over-the-calf.
- Bristol Pure – 100% merino wool. Solid colours; ribbed. Hand-linked toes. Mid-calf, over-the-calf.
- Milano, Firenze – 100% mercerised cotton. Solid Colours. Milano – ribbed, Firenze – smooth. Hand-linked toes. Milano: mid-calf and over-the-calf, Firenze – mid-calf only.
- Multistipe – socks patterned with horizontal stripes in various colours and sizes. 78% cotton + 22% polyamide. Mid-calf only.
- Cool 24/7 – 80% cotton + 18% polyamide + 2% elastane. Solid colours. Mid-calf and low cut socks.
- Cool Kick – very short socks made of polyester and nylon blens. They quickly absorb moisture.
- Energizing wool – knee-high compression socks made of merino wool, elastane, nylon and polypropylene blend. They provide optimal blood circulation. Solid colours only.
- Energizing, Ultra Energizing – knee-high compression socks made of 65% cotton + 33% polyamide or similar blends. Solid colours only.
- Sensitive Berlin – anatomically shaped socks made of 60% merino wool, 23% cotton, 15% nylon and 2% elastane. Hand-linked toes. Solid colours. Mid-calf and over-the-calf socks.
- Sensitive Malaga and London – 98% mercerised cotton + 2% elastane. Soft elastic (‘Press control’). Hand-linked toes. Mid-calf and over-the-calf. These socks are available only in solid colours, but it must be noted that Falke offers patterned ‘Sensitive’ line socks too.
- Premium line – № 2, 4, 7, 9, 13, etc.; Gentleman’s Lab. These socks are made of high-end materials such as extra-long staple cotton, Australian merino wool, camel wool, 2-ply cashmere, silk. Hand-linked toes. Mid-calf and over-the-calf socks. Solid colours; stripes; fancy patterns.
- There are several other lines too, so the range of Falke socks is really huge.
Falke socks are available in several sizes (they fit UK5 – UK14). Falke socks are sold by Falke.com, MrPorter.com, Asos.com, SockShop.co.uk, SocksFox.com. Prices start at 9 GBP (incl. VAT). Sometimes Falke socks are available on sales (up to 50% off).